Disney couldnʼt have done it better. Little Moreton Hall is everyoneʼs fantasy of what a Cheshire black-and-white timber-framed house should be, complete with moat, long gallery and knot garden.
Started by Sir Richard de Moreton, a local landlord and tax collector, the oldest parts of the building date back to the 1440s. It was gradually extended over the next 130 years, culminating in the south range and magnificent Long Gallery added by John Moreton in the 1560s. The Kitchen and Servantsʼ Quarters added in the early seventeenth century.
The house remained in the Moreton family until 1937 when it passed to the National Trust. Check the National Trustʼs website for opening times etc.
No sign of Micky Mouse though.