Here are some of the many churches in North and South East Hampshire. New Forest churches have their own page.
All Saints', Little Somborne
Set in the corner of what was once presumably the village green on the drive up to the big house, there is something quintessentially English about All Saints', Little Somborne.
The addition of the grave of a pioneering British aviator, Sir Thomas Sopwith, who died in 1989 at the age of 101, just adds to its charm.
The west end of the church dates back to Saxon times. The Normans extended the church eastwards in 1170,
and added a small chancel. This was removed during the 17th century, leaving only the outline of the arch.
Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwick_Priory
St John the Baptist's Church, Upper Eldon
As churches go they don't come a lot more remote or unused than St John's, Upper Eldon. Surrounded by the lawns of a private house (with plenty of signs to remind you of this fact),
this tiny church was built in the later part of the 12th century.
By 1729 the east end was in such a bad condition that it was pulled down and new brick east wall was built. The church continued to deteriorate and by 1864 was used as a cow shed.
It was not until 1973, when it was vested in the Redundant Churches Fund (the forerunners of the Churches Conservation Trust), that things began to look up.
It was repaired in 1975 with further work being carried out in 1984.
Around the church are the traces of nine consecration crosses from its original construction. Each of these consists of a circle with five holes which once held long vanished metal crosses.
In the niches you can also see parts of the windows that used to be in the eastern end of the church before it was pulled down.
Please respect the privacy of the owners of Eldon House and keep to the direct route between the church and the gate on to the road. There is apparently an annual church service held here each summer.